- DUR 01: Karlstetten-Oberbergern
- DUR 02: Oberbergern-Schenkenbrunn
- DUR 03: Schenkenbrunn-Maria Langegg
- DUR 04: Maria Langegg-Aggsbach-Dorf
- DUR 05: Aggsbach-Dorf-Gerolding
- DUR 06: Gerolding-Melk
- DUR 07: Melk-Inning
- DUR 08: Inning-Hafnerbach
- DUR 09: Hafnerbach-Karlstetten
- DUR V1: Pielachmündung-Pielachhäuser
- DUR V2: Neuhofen-Mauer-Gerolding
- DUR V3: Gerolding-Hohenegg
- DUR V4: Wetzlarn-Gansbach-Maria Langegg
The Dunkelsteinerwald Round
The Dunkelsteinerwald region is home to countless starting points for hikes of every length, short or long. Particularly recommended is the Dunkelsteinerwald Round completed in 2014, a 160 kilometre-long loop hiking trail through all the municipalities.
The DUnkelsteinerwald Round (DUR) takes in the loveliest places in the region and is designed as a loop hiking trail. Nine fabulous DURs and four practical connecting DURs offer hiking pleasure for the whole family, as well as for sporty hikers.
The trails lead to grand viewpoints past monasteries, castles, fortresses and ruins and reveal idyllic forested areas. Inns, wine taverns and accommodation establishments provide culinary pleasure and invite you to stay for a while.
In the kingdom of the unicorn, you will be accompanied along the DURs by fairytales and legends. You can find more information on the book here.
Variants and trail guidance
The Dunkelsteinerwald Round can be hiked in both directions. Nine fabulous DURs and four practical connecting DURs create several variants and let you design your hike the way you like.
The new Dunkelsteinerwald hiking map is available here free of charge.
You can find all DURs with description and GPS tracks in the download area.